With an ever-changing COVID landscape, we feel it is important to be cautious with the re-start of the season. We will continue to stay up to date with guidelines set out by the County, City, and schools in our area. Updates & revisions to the below will be made as necessary.
Masks will continue to be optional but highly recommended for everyone entering the building. A family's masking choice will be respected either way.
Hand sanitizer & temperature checks will continue to be available. If a child is showing cold/flu symptoms, their temperature will be checked.
Lobbies will remain closed to parents/caregivers. Once students are checked in, parents/caregivers are requested to exit. When returning at the end of class, please wait outside until the students are released to you.
All students should stay home if they are COVID positive or experiencing any COVID-like symptoms until they test negative.
Our staff and faculty will continue to follow enhanced cleaning procedures. As well, air purifiers will continue to be used & filters changed frequently.
As the situation continues to be fluid, we will notify studio families with any updates or changes.
STUDIO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF: (See further explanations & details below.)
ALL FACULTY & STAFF ARE FULLY VACCINATED. *We are consistently updating protocols based on state and city guidelines. In accordance with CDC and State guidelines, The Floor Dance Academy has implemented the following operational guidelines and protocols to ensure a safe environment for our students and faculty. We are all in this together and must do our part to protect one another.Your cooperation in following our safety plan will allow us the opportunity to continue dancing together in a studio environment and keep our studio thriving.We trust you will follow the safety plan with the utmost respect.
STUDENT PROTOCOLS Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if... In the past 7 days, they have had any symptom/s of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, muscle aches, loss of appetite, dizziness/confusion, abdominal pain, &/or skin, rashes/discoloration of fingers & toes.
Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if… They have tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officers.
If recommended by local, state, or federal health professionals for the above situations, we will require a negative COVID test prior to returning the studio.
STUDIO COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN (The below guidelines & requirements are subject to change without notice depending on the current COVID infection rate within LA County.) • FACE COVERINGS: We encourage all students & faculty/staff to wear a mask, but at this time masks are not mandatory.
• STUDIO ARRIVAL /CLASS TRANSITION / ONE-WAY PATH: Please refrain from dropping students off early or picking up late. We have designated the Pico door as the entry door & the alley door near the restrooms to be used for exiting, unless otherwise notified.
• HAND SANITIZE & PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE: Hand sanitize each time you enter & exit the studio. Avoid touching face & cough or sneeze into arm.
• PERSONAL BELONGINGS & RESTROOM USE: Come ready in your dance clothes as restroom use should be limited. Please bring your own filled water bottle/s. Limit any non-dance related belongings you bring with you and bring only dance shoes, water bottle/s, & small valuables into the studio. Cleaning supplies will be available to wipe down your personal belongings after class if you wish.
• ENHANCED CLEANING: We will safely disinfect the studio during our scheduled Enhanced Cleaning breaks. Faculty/staff will also wipe down high traffic surfaces throughout each day (barres, door handles, restrooms, personal belonging areas).
• REDUCED CLASS SIZES: Although we are permitted to operate at full capacity, we will continue to limit class sizes.
• ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY: All forms/waivers will be emailed and payments will be made through the Studio Director Online Portal. Tuition payments will not be accepted in-person at the studio. All classes must be booked ahead of time by notifying us at email@example.com. If you need to schedule a make-up class or wish to do a trial class, 248 hrs notice must be given via email.
• NO LOST & FOUND: Items left behind will be removed from the studio after each class & donated when possible.
Thank you for your cooperation & we appreciate your support! ~ Jen & The Floor Dance Academy Faculty & Staff