COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN & STUDENT PROTOCOLS In accordance with CDC and State guidelines, The Floor Dance Academy has implemented the following operational guidelines and protocols to ensure a safe environment for our students and faculty. We are all in this together and must do our part to protect one another.Your cooperation in following our safety plan will allow us the opportunity to continue dancing together in a studio environment and keep our studio thriving.We trust you will follow the safety plan with the utmost respect.
STUDENT PROTOCOLS Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if... In the past 14 days, they have had any symptom/s of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, muscle aches, loss of appetite, dizziness/confusion, abdominal pain, &/or skin, rashes/discoloration of fingers & toes. Virtual Class options are available for students or teachers who are unable to attend in person due to having one of the above symptoms, but feel well enough (a mild head cold, sniffles, etc.) to still dance/teach at home in a safe area. Virtual Class options are also offered and encouraged for those students not ready to return to in-studio classes.
Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if… They or anyone they live with has tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officers.
Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if… In the past 14 days, they have had close contact with a person who, to their knowledge, had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 & have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officers; or they are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
Students , Faculty, & Staff who have recently traveled will follow the Los Angeles County travel restrictions and quarantine or self-isolate for 10 days and provide a negative test prior to returning to in-studio classes.
STUDIO COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN • MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS: The Floor Dance Academy will require students, faculty, & staff to wear masks or face coverings at all times when at the studio.
• STUDIO ARRIVAL /CLASS TRANSITION / ONE-WAY PATH: A 15 min. buffer between classes will allow adequate time for cleaning & for class transitions. Students should limit visiting/socializing before and after class. We have designated the Pico door as the entry door & the alley door near the restrooms to be used for exiting.
• TOUCH-LESS GREETINGS: No handshaking, hugs, or high 5's.
• HAND SANITIZE & PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE: Hand sanitize each time you enter & exit the studio. Avoid touching face & cough or sneeze into arm.
• PHYSICAL DISTANCING: 6 feet must be maintained by all students & faculty at all times. Please remain in designated taped dance boxes for the duration of the class.
• ONLY STUDENTS may enter the studio. Parents, siblings, or family members are asked to wait in their vehicles or at the back of the studio to wait for their children. Please refrain from dropping off students early or picking up late.
• PERSONAL BELONGINGS & RESTROOM USE: Come ready in your dance clothes as restroom use should be limited. Please bring your own filled water bottle/s as the studio water station will not be in use. Limit any non-dance related belongings you bring with you and bring only dance shoes, water bottle/s, & small valuables into the studio. Cleaning supplies will be available to wipe down your personal belongings after class if you wish.
• ENHANCED CLEANING: We will safely disinfect the studio during our scheduled Enhanced Cleaning breaks. Faculty/staff will also wipe down high traffic surfaces between each class (barres, door handles, restrooms, personal belonging areas).
• REDUCED CLASS SIZES: Our large studio has a max capacity of 8-9 students and the small studio 2-3 students. This will allow for mandated social distancing.
• ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY: All forms/waivers will be emailed and payments will be made through the Studio Director Online Portal. All classes must be booked ahead of time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to schedule a make-up class or wish to do a trial class, 24 hrs notice must be given via email.
• NO LOST & FOUND: Items left behind will be removed from the studio after each class & donated when safely possible.
• POSITIVE COVID CASES: If a positive case is reported to the studio, the class in which the infected student/teacher participated will become a virtual class for a period of two weeks. Please communicate to us as soon as you are aware of positive results or symptoms so we can notify (with respect to privacy) the rest of the class.
Thank you for your cooperation & we appreciate your support! Jen & The Floor Dance Academy Faculty & Staff