UPDATE: Effective January 8th, 2022 With an ever-changing COVID landscape, we feel it is important to put in place the following return to studio protocols.
Classes are scheduled to resume Saturday, January 8th.
Prior to returning to classes, all students ages 5 & up must provide a negative PCR test taken within 48hrs of their first class.
Test results must be received via email prior to any student returning to the studio. Test results must be emailed to: email@example.com
Masks will continue to be mandatory for everyone entering the building.
Temperature checks & hand sanitizer will continue to be administered at check-in.
Lobbies will remain closed to parents/caregivers. Once students are checked in, parents/caregivers are required to exit. When returning at the end of class, please wait outside until the students are released to you.
All students should stay home if they are experiencing any symptoms or if they have been deemed in close contact to a COVID positive person.
All faculty & staff will also be required to be tested prior to their first classes back at the studio.
We will continue our transparency by notifying families in classes with any positive cases.
As the situation continues to be fluid, we will notify studio families with any updates or changes.
STUDIO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS, FACULTY, & STAFF: MASKS MANDATORY • TEMPERATURE TAKEN UPON ENTRY • HAND SANITIZER SUPPLIED (The studio lobby is closed during classes to parents/caregivers unless prior approval has been discussed.) (See further explanations & details below.)
ALL FACULTY & STAFF ARE FULLY VACCINATED. *We are consistently updating protocols based on state and city guidelines. In accordance with CDC and State guidelines, The Floor Dance Academy has implemented the following operational guidelines and protocols to ensure a safe environment for our students and faculty. We are all in this together and must do our part to protect one another.Your cooperation in following our safety plan will allow us the opportunity to continue dancing together in a studio environment and keep our studio thriving.We trust you will follow the safety plan with the utmost respect.
STUDENT PROTOCOLS Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if... In the past 10 days, they have had any symptom/s of COVID-19, including but not limited to fever, cough, runny nose/nasal congestion, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea, muscle aches, loss of appetite, dizziness/confusion, abdominal pain, &/or skin, rashes/discoloration of fingers & toes.
Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if… They or anyone they live with has tested positive for COVID-19 and have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officers.
Students will not attend The Floor Dance Academy if… In the past 10 days, they have had close contact with a person who, to their knowledge, had symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 & have not yet been cleared to discontinue isolation in accordance with applicable criteria communicated by public health officers; or they are currently subject to a quarantine or self-isolation order.
Students , Faculty, & Staff who have recently traveled will follow the current Los Angeles County travel restrictions which at times may include quarantine or self-isolation.
If recommended by local, state, or federal health professionals for the above situations, we will require a negative COVID test prior to returning the studio.
STUDIO COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN (The below guidelines & requirements are subject to change without notice depending on the current COVID infection rate within LA County.) • MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS: The Floor Dance Academy will require students (4 yrs & older), faculty, & staff to wear masks or face coverings at all times when at the studio. Our youngest students (ages 2-3 yrs), will be encouraged to wear a mask, but we will be understanding if they are unable to keep one on during their class.
• STUDIO ARRIVAL /CLASS TRANSITION / ONE-WAY PATH: Please refrain from dropping students off early or picking up late. Students should limit visiting/socializing before and after class. We have designated the Pico door as the entry door & the alley door near the restrooms to be used for exiting, unless otherwise notified.
• TOUCH-LESS GREETINGS: No handshaking, hugs, or high 5's.
• HAND SANITIZE & PRACTICE GOOD HYGIENE: Hand sanitize each time you enter & exit the studio. Avoid touching face & cough or sneeze into arm.
• ONLY STUDENTS may enter the studio. Parents, siblings, or family members are asked to wait in their vehicles or at the back of the studio to wait for their children. Please refrain from dropping students off early or picking up late.
• PERSONAL BELONGINGS & RESTROOM USE: Come ready in your dance clothes as restroom use should be limited. Please bring your own filled water bottle/s. Limit any non-dance related belongings you bring with you and bring only dance shoes, water bottle/s, & small valuables into the studio. Cleaning supplies will be available to wipe down your personal belongings after class if you wish.
• ENHANCED CLEANING: We will safely disinfect the studio during our scheduled Enhanced Cleaning breaks. Faculty/staff will also wipe down high traffic surfaces throughout each day (barres, door handles, restrooms, personal belonging areas).
• REDUCED CLASS SIZES: Although we are permitted to operate at full capacity, we will continue to limit class sizes.
• ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY: All forms/waivers will be emailed and payments will be made through the Studio Director Online Portal. Tuition payments will not be accepted in-person at the studio. All classes must be booked ahead of time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to schedule a make-up class or wish to do a trial class, 24 hrs notice must be given via email.
• NO LOST & FOUND: Items left behind will be removed from the studio after each class & donated when safely possible.
• POSITIVE COVID CASES: If a positive case is reported to the studio, the class in which the infected student/teacher participated will be notified with further instructions. Please communicate to us as soon as you become aware of any positive results or symptoms so we can notify (with respect to privacy) the rest of the class.
Thank you for your cooperation & we appreciate your support! ~ Jen & The Floor Dance Academy Faculty & Staff